The Great Reading Adventure version 4.2.0 has been released.
There is no upgrade path from versions 1, 2, or 3 to version 4 due to signiticant architectural changes.
Notable changes in this release:
- Update to the Microsoft .NET 5.0 framework
- Internationalization of the customer-facing site including Spanish language translations
- Add method for staff to activate unfired triggers via Mission Control
- Schedulable carousel of materials or links can now be placed on the dashboard
- Functionality to allow performers to self-register and staff to select performances for their locations
- News area (with categories) of Mission Control for providing communications to staff with email subscriptions
- Proximity search for events (i.e. ‘find events near me’)
- Add exit page to provide call-to-action after logout
- Built-in job system using WebSockets so long-running processes don’t time out (e.g. avatar import, reports, sending emails, etc.)
- Ability to send emails from in the software to people who have signed up for pre- or post-program lists and participants
- Allow participants to add books to their book list independent of logging activity
- Add maximum file size, dimensional size, and square dimensional requirement for badge images
- New streaming event category with ability to allow scheduled viewing of streams
- Lots of bug fixes and performance improvements
For more information, please see the release notes.